Full-time, term-time only
Single status, grade 3 – scale point 3 (£18,065)
King Offa Primary Academy is a school that has transformed in recent years. Our pupils make exceptional progress and we are in the top twenty percent of schools nationally for our outcomes. Our pupils come from a diverse range of backgrounds and work together to make King Offa a thriving learning community.
Due to the growth of our school, we are looking to appoint passionate and committed Teaching Assistants to join the staff team in September 2019. We are looking for Teaching Assistants, who:
- Will support the learning of small groups and individuals, with a varying range of learning needs and abilities, including those pupils with Education Health Care Plans (EHCP’s)
- Will establish and maintain effective relationships with pupils and colleagues
- Is committed to improving standards for all pupils
- Will be an exemplary role-model for behaviour and have a sound work ethic
- Will assist colleagues with the preparation of learning and classroom resources
- Will promote the positive behaviour of all pupils, in the classroom and on the playground, and when and where appropriate, use strategies to manage behaviour effectively
- Will be committed to providing a safe learning environment for all pupils, built on mutual respect
- Will promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil(s) with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
- Will support the use of ICT in learning activities
- Will promote high standards of English and Maths
- Will carry out and report on systematic observations of pupils to gather evidence of their knowledge, understanding and skills upon which the teacher makes judgements about their stage of development and provide feedback on the pupil(s)’ learning and behaviour to the teacher/SENCO, including feedback on the effectiveness of the behaviour strategies adoptedThe successful candidate will be committed to the successful running of the school, by:
- Adhering to the school’s security, ensuring the safety of all pupils
- Undertaking break-time and lunch-time duties
- Recognising and work to Confidentiality, Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, Health and Safety and the school’s other policies
- Being involved in extra-curricular activities, such as trips, visits and clubs and assisting with special school events, which could include celebration afternoons, sports days and open days
- Maintaining the appearance and ethos of the school, by completing classroom and corridor display
- Completing routine administration activities, where necessaryWe can offer you:
- An excellent environment to work and learn in
- A committed and supportive staff team
- Access to Aurora Academies Trust’s bespoke plan for professional development
- Opportunities to work collaboratively with other schools in the Trust
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.Previous experience of the role is recommended but not essential.
Interview date: Monday 22nd, Tuesday 23rd July 2019
Closing date: Wednesday 17th July 2019
To apply, please contact Business Manager Maria Gonet for an application form, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The job description and person specification for the role can be downloaded below:
Teaching Asst (JD,PS) – 2.7.2019
Visits to the school are welcomed. Further information about the school can be found via our website www.kingoffaprimaryacademy.mosaicaeducation.com/recruitment-2
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go towww.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.