Classroom Teacher (Full-time)
King Offa Primary Academy is a school that has transformed in recent years. Our pupils make exceptional progress and we are in the top twenty percent of schools nationally for our outcomes. Our curriculum is innovative, challenging and fun to teach. Our pupils come from a diverse range of backgrounds and work together to make King Offa Primary Academy a thriving learning community.
We are looking for:
- A talented class-teacher, for either Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2.
- Someone who is committed, dedicated and enthusiastic about teaching and improving standards and outcomes for the children who come to our school.
- A candidate who will work well as part of a team and who is determined to continually improve their practice.
- A teacher who will work hard and loves working with children and their families.
In return, teachers working at King Offa Primary Academy benefit from:
- A comprehensive induction programme.
- Bespoke CPD opportunities to help you develop as a teacher.
- A well-resourced school and classrooms.
- Specialist teachers to support the delivery of an outstanding curriculum.
- Well behaved children who are motivated to learn.
- A supportive environment that will allow you to be your best.
We are a ‘Talk for Writing’ school, with a clear model for the teaching of writing. We have our own unique approach to teaching mathematics, which is effective, as reflected in pupil outcomes. In 2019, the school implemented Daily Support Reader and Destination Reader as part of its whole-school approach to the teaching and learning of Reading.
Our Paragon curriculum is exciting and enriching and ensures that all our pupils receive a broad and balanced understanding of knowledge and skills. Pupils learn about the world they live in, studying significant historical events and periods in the past whilst exploring and answering challenging questions.
Our school continues to be oversubscribed and has some year groups with additional classes beyond our normal two-form entry structure. We are now looking for teachers to join us in September 2020.
To apply, please contact our Business Manager, Maria Gonet for an application form, by emailing email@example.com
Candidates are encouraged to make an appointment to visit the school, before deciding to apply.
Closing date: Friday 8th May 2020
Interview date: w/b Monday 11th May 2020
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go towww.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.