SEN Teaching Assistant
30hrs 50mins per week, term time only
ESSC Single Status, grade 3, scale point 7 (£18,887 pro rata)
King Offa are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, committed TA to support Speech and Language work across our school. King Offa Primary Academy is a school that has transformed in recent years. Our pupils make exceptional progress and we are in the top twenty percent of schools nationally for our outcomes. Our pupils come from a diverse range of backgrounds and work together to make King Offa a thriving learning community.
The successful candidate should have:
- A drive to improve communication skills for individuals and groups across our school
- A commitment to improving standards for all pupils
- An understanding of Speech and Language needs for children aged between 4 and 11.
- Experience of facilitating and using Language Link and Speech Link assessments, developing subsequent action plans and delivering appropriate interventions (training as required)
- The ability to support staff to run language support groups.
- The ability to organise resources and plan sessions following provided programmes
- Experience of working with pupils with SEN
- The ability to create good working relationships to support pupils effectively and promote positive values, attitudes and behaviour.
- Knowledge and understanding to effectively use resources to engage pupils and achieve positive pupil outcomes.
- The ability to effectively manage own timetable and workload, with support of line manager
- Able to communicate effectively and provide feedback as required
- Ability to keep up to date records
- Able to use ICT comfortably
The successful candidate will:
- Support the learning of small groups and individuals, with a varying range of learning needs and abilities
- Support in classes as required.
- Be an exemplary role-model for behaviour and have an exemplary work ethic
- Assist colleagues with the preparation of learning and classroom resources
- Promote the positive behaviour of all pupils, in the classroom and on the playground, and when and where appropriate, use strategies to manage behaviour effectively
- Be committed in providing a safe learning environment for all pupils, built on mutual respect
- Promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil(s) with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities
- Promote high standards of English and Maths
- Carry out and report on systematic observations of pupils to gather evidence of their knowledge, understanding and skills upon which the teacher makes judgements about their stage of development and provide feedback on the pupil(s)’ learning and behaviour to the teacher/SENCO, including feedback on the effectiveness of the behaviour strategies adopted
The successful candidate will be committed to the successful running of the school, by:
- Adhering to the school’s security, ensuring the safety of all pupils
- Undertaking break-time and lunch-time duties
- Recognising and work to Confidentiality, Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, Health and Safety and the school’s other policies
- Being involved in extra-curricular activities, such as trips, visits and clubs and assisting with special school events, which could include celebration afternoons, sports days and open days
- Maintaining the appearance and ethos of the school, by completing classroom and corridor displays
- Completing routine administration activities, where necessary
We can offer you:
- An excellent environment to work and learn in
- A committed and supportive staff team
- Access to Aurora Academies Trust’s bespoke plan for professional development
- Opportunities to work collaboratively with other schools in the Trust
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Further information about the role can be downloaded from our website http://kingoffaprimaryacademy.org/recruitment-2/
Aurora Academies Trust is committed to the safeguarding of pupils and we follow safer recruitment practice. References will be taken up prior to interview and an enhanced criminal records bureau check will be made prior to appointment.
Closing date: Friday 8th July 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 13th July 2022