Pupils can choose from a choice of the daily main meal, a vegetarian option or a jacket potato with filling.
Now also available – Filled Baguettes, choose from a selection of fillings, cheese, tuna or ham served with a selection of salad bar options from the service counter.
The cost of a school meal is £2.03, payable daily.
All children in Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 are eligible for free school meals.
Free School Dinners, Who is entitled?
Free school meals need to be applied for at ESCC (collect a form from the school main office).
Free school meals can be given if you fall into one of the following categories:
- You receive Income Support
- You receive Job Seeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- You receive Employment and Support Allowance (income-related)
- You get support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- You receive the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit
- You are entitled to Child Tax credit, you do not get Working Tax Credit and your family’s annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) is not more than £16,190. Anyone receiving Working Tax Credit is not entitled to free school meals regardless of their income unless you have become unemployed in which case free meals can be granted for a four week period only.